- an exhausting effort, especially walking or working.
- an exhausted or bedraggled person.
- to fatigue; tire; wear out.
- to bedraggle.
Origin of trachle
1540–50; < Dutch dialect tragelen to walk laboriously; compare Dutch traag sluggish
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- exhausted by long hard work or concern
- work or a task that is tiring, monotonous, and lengthy
- (intr) to walk or work slowly and wearily
C19: of uncertain origin
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012