or tsar·ism, tzar·ism
- dictatorship; despotic or autocratic government.
- the system of government in Russia under the czars.
Origin of czarism
Examples from the Web for tsarism
Contemporary Examples of tsarism
Then she and Red got into an argument about Putin, the Russian character and when Tsarism and feudalism truly ended in Russia.Vegan Strippers Let It All Hang Out
Kelly Williams Brown
March 29, 2014
Historical Examples of tsarism
They are monarchists and reactionaries, their hope being the restoration of tsarism.
But, in that case, in what do your tactics differ from the tactics of Tsarism?
It unites in a terrible synthesis all the worst agencies and methods of tsarism and of militarism.
Kaiserism was dead—deader even than Tsarism—because the Kaiser was still alive.The New Germany
The gendarmerie of Tsarism throttled the workers who were fighting for the Socialist order.
- a system of government by a tsar, esp in Russia until 1917
- absolute rule; dictatorship
- a variant spelling (esp US) of tsarism