- a central navellike depression.
- an umbilicate condition or formation.
Origin of umbilication
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for umbilication
This umbilication in the vesicular stage is somewhat peculiar.
Umbilication rapidly occurs at the apex, and simultaneously their contents become lactescent and gradually sero-purulent.
- biology anatomy a navel-like notch or depression, as in the centre of a vesicle
- the condition of being umbilicated
- A pit or navellike depression.
- Formation of a depression at the apex of a papule, vesicle, or pustule.