- suitable or ready for use; of use or service; at hand: I used whatever tools were available.
- readily obtainable; accessible: available resources.
- having sufficient power or efficacy; valid.
- Archaic. efficacious; profitable; advantageous.
Origin of available
Synonyms for availableSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Antonyms for available
Related Words for unavailabilitydeficiency, drought, lack, omission, dearth, privation, void, inadequacy, insufficiency, want, need, unavailability
Examples from the Web for unavailability
Contemporary Examples of unavailability
Liu interjected that the unavailability of private money was backed up by a Congressional Budget Office report.GOPer Says Romney Wrong on Bailout
October 29, 2012
Historical Examples of unavailability
Illinois State forests will always be smaller than those of other states because of the unavailability of low valued land.Forest Trees of Illinois
Fuller George D.
- obtainable or accessible; capable of being made use of; at hand
- US politics derogatory suitable for public office, usually as a result of having an inoffensive characterSmith was a particularly available candidate