- to separate the charges for (related products or services usually offered as a package): to unbundle computer hardware and software.
- to separate (charges for related products or services): to unbundle charges for telephone service.
- to set separate charges for related products or services.
Origin of unbundle
Examples from the Web for unbundling
Contemporary Examples of unbundling
This trend is part of a broader phenomenon: the unbundling of the college degree.How to Reinvent College
May 13, 2013
Unbundling is also a smart idea in that passengers looking for perks can buy them, absorbing a higher share of the cost.Think American Airlines Is Rotten? You Have No Idea How Good You Have It
October 11, 2012
- commerce the takeover of a large conglomerate with a view to retaining the core business and selling off some of the subsidiaries to help finance the takeover
- (tr) computing to separate (hardware from software) for sales purposes