- not assigned to a class or category; not arranged according to characteristics: Reported instances fall into two main types, with a few unclassified anomalies.
- (of data, documents, etc.) not belonging to a category that is restricted for reasons of security; not secret: unclassified plans; unclassified information.
Origin of unclassified
Related Words for unclassifiedunremarkable, uninspiring, mysterious, unknown, nameless, unnamed, anonymous, ordinary, common, empty, garden, colorless, dull, featureless, indescribable, indeterminate, mousy, unexceptional, uninteresting, vague
Examples from the Web for unclassified
Contemporary Examples of unclassified
He said that the lab had declared another article was unclassified that DOE said was classified, after its publication.Fired From Los Alamos for Pushing Obama's Nuclear Agenda
Center for Public Integrity
July 31, 2014
In the unclassified version, the Central Intelligence Agency, as such, is not mentioned a single time.Truth, Justice and Benghazi
May 17, 2013
An unclassified briefing document provides new clues, writes Eli Lake.The Intel Behind Obama’s Libya Line
October 1, 2012
Historical Examples of unclassified
The service is divided into “classified” and “unclassified.”The Philippine Islands
Yet the unclassified may flourish, and does, when its merit is beyond dispute.When Winter Comes to Main Street
Grant Martin Overton
But he got all he wanted of the unclassified and unknown before long.The Grain Ship
Otherwise she was an emotional, irrational, unclassified creature.Facts And Fictions Of Life
Helen H. Gardener
They are "nondescripts," which means "undescribed" or "unclassified."
- not arranged in any specific order or grouping
- (of information) not possessing a security classification
- (of football results) not arranged in any special order or in divisions