- limited or restricted.
- unable to leave a place because of illness, imprisonment, etc.
- being in childbirth; being in parturition.
Origin of confined
Related Words for unconfinedapart, asunder, baggy, clear, detached, disconnected, easy, escaped, flabby, flaccid, floating, free, hanging, insecure, lax, limp, movable, relaxed, released, separate
Examples from the Web for unconfined
Historical Examples of unconfined
For the first time he felt the breath of Nature, free and unconfined, upon his brow.The Monster Men
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Fancy hats, jewelry and unconfined curls were also strictly forbidden.Patchwork
Anna Balmer Myers
"On with the dance, then, let joy be unconfined," cried Andy.Molly Brown's Senior Days
In youth, that effervescent stage of human existence, "joy is unconfined."Games For All Occasions
Mary E. Blain
We found ourselves yearning for that beauty which is unconfined.The Hive
Will Levington Comfort
- not enclosed or restricted; free
- (of an emotion) not restricted or disguisedunconfined joy
- enclosed or restricted; limited
- in childbed; undergoing childbirth