- to determine the identity of (a disease, illness, etc.) by a medical examination: The doctor diagnosed the illness as influenza.
- to ascertain the cause or nature of (a disorder, malfunction, problem, etc.) from the symptoms: The mechanic diagnosed the trouble that caused the engine knock.
- to classify or determine on the basis of scientific examination.
- to make a diagnosis.
Origin of diagnose
Examples from the Web for undiagnosed
Contemporary Examples of undiagnosed
After a few verbal digs about his undiagnosed OCD, I tossed it off the bed as a joke.I Was Pregnant When He Hit Me. Here's #WhyIStayed.
September 10, 2014
Is Sandusky a pedophile—or an undiagnosed victim of histrionic personality disorder?Jerry Sandusky Trial: The Defense’s Risky Psych Defense
June 17, 2012
Some aspects of the proposed criteria can be unclear in adults, who might be “undiagnosed” under the numerical cutoffs.Don't Remove Asperger's From the DSM
May 21, 2011
Historical Examples of undiagnosed
Frequently this undiagnosed dement has satisfied himself with a weak, cynical philosophy that life is not worth while.Benign Stupors
Ivan Fitzgerald finally isolated the germ that had caused the Finchley girl's undiagnosed illness.Omnilingual
H. Beam Piper
By this time, our yaws and Jack's undiagnosed illness were so bad that we were anxiously waiting for the steamer.Through the South Seas with Jack London
Jason had an undiagnosed example of that when he got only part of his man back from the Valley of Kings.Zero Data
- (of a medical condition, a problem, etc) not having been identified
- to determine or distinguish by diagnosis
- (tr) to examine (a person or thing), as for a disease
1861, back-formation from diagnosis. Related: Diagnosed; diagnosing.
- To distinguish or identify a disease by diagnosis.
- To identify a person as having a particular disease or condition by diagnosis.