- a bringing or coming to an end; termination; close: Putting away the Christmas ornaments marked the ending of the season.
- the final or concluding part; conclusion: a story with a happy ending.
- death; destruction.
- Grammar. a morpheme, especially an inflection, at the end of a word, as -s in cuts.
- (not in technical use) any final word part, as the -ow of widow.
Origin of ending
Related Words for unendingperpetual, constant, unceasing, continuous, ceaseless, eternal, never-ending, incessant, infinite, uninterrupted, unremitting, continual, interminable, everlasting, endless, immortal, steady, amaranthine
Examples from the Web for unending
Contemporary Examples of unending
This goes a long way toward explaining our unending interest in this case.Amanda Knox: A Mother’s Obsession
November 26, 2014
What if she were one of the rare sufferers of unending pain, and every safe medication had already been given?U.K. Courts Grant Mother Right to End Her 12-Year-Old Disabled Daughter’s Life
November 4, 2014
The list is unending, and each case involves police mistaking disability for noncompliance.Police Brutality's Hidden Victims: The Disabled
September 8, 2014
Our unpopular and unending interventions in the Middle East brought nothing but instability.Welcome to Snowpiercer’s Apocalypse
June 29, 2014
Yet the most we do is nod along, only to return to the unending toil of making our neighbor into our enemy.Love Versus the ‘Liberal Gulag’
April 8, 2014
Historical Examples of unending
There was unending work, but no visible fruit, either for the cause or for myself.In the Valley
It crushed them with the weight of unending vastness and unalterable decree.
The stir of the life that was in him, the play of his muscles, was an unending happiness.
Presently he went into the dockshed on his unending quest of "the punch."The Harbor
The procession was unending; more money was always required.A Zola Dictionary
J. G. Patterson
- having or seeming to have no end; interminable
- the act of bringing to or reaching an end
- the last part of something, as a book, film, etc
- the final part of a word, esp a suffix
- chess another word for endgame
"a coming to an end," Old English endunge, verbal noun from end (v.).