- separated or detached; not glued.
- come unglued, Slang.
- to become upset, disorganized, or confused; lose emotional control: to come unglued in an emergency.
- to disintegrate or collapse; fall apart; break down: The negotiators tried to keep the fragile peace agreement from coming unglued.
Origin of unglued
- to separate or detach by or as if by overcoming an adhesive agent: to unglue a sticker from a wall.
- to confuse or upset: He was unglued by his opponent's superb defense.
- to cause to fail or lose effectiveness.
Origin of unglue
Related Words for ungluedbewildered, perplexed, doubtful, baffled, rattled, mystified, clueless, uneasy, stiff, tight, labored, tense, constrained, unhinged, irrational, unsound, unstable, deranged, erratic, stunned
Examples from the Web for unglued
Historical Examples of unglued
After a time he unglued his thick lips to ask me if I had seen his brother yet.'Twixt Land & Sea
But we are glad that the carpenter did not leave the legs of it unglued for a joke.A Chesterton Calendar
G. K. Chesterton
Sometimes the sound board gets loose or unglued at the edges, or the bridges or ribs come loose.Piano Tuning
J. Cree Fischer
Using the outspread fingers of each hand, begin with the unglued edge and roll the paper around the wood.The Boy Mechanic, Book 2
Baston, unglued from the wall, spoke up with his usual pompous eagerness.Tharon of Lost Valley
Vingie E. Roe
Word Origin and History for unglued
Idioms and Phrases with unglued
see under come apart at the seams.