- not skillful in manual work: He's unhandy when it comes to fixing things around the house.
- inconveniently placed or arranged.
- difficult to handle or use, as tools or objects.
Origin of unhandy
SynonymsSee more synonyms for unhandy on Thesaurus.com
1. clumsy, awkward, inept, bumbling.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for unhandily
The English speech, long disused, came to her unhandily, but the purport of what she said was plain.A Master of Fortune
He was in trouble about his rod, having snapped the top joint in unhandily dealing with a fine chub.The Yeoman Adventurer
George W. Gough
Ling and Izak went last, dropping the stolen guns they had held so unhandily.The Devil's Asteroid
Manly Wade Wellman
- not skilful with one's hands; clumsy; awkward
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012