[ yōō′nə-fāshəl ]

Flaked in such a way as to produce a cutting edge that is sharp on one side only. Used of a stone tool.♦ Unifacial tools are known as a unifaces and include early core tools such as choppers as well as later flake toolssuch as scrapers and adzes. Compare bifacial.

Nearby words

  1. unidentified flying object,
  2. unidimensional,
  3. unidirectional,
  4. unido,
  5. uniface,
  6. unifactorial,
  7. unifi,
  8. unifiable,
  9. unific,
  10. unification

The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.