- not developed to full potential, as resources or the mind.
- not showing improvement, as one's health, appearance, etc.
- (of land) not fitted for a profitable use, as by clearing, cultivation, addition of facilities for dwelling or business purposes, or the like.
- not used to advantage; neglected: an unimproved opportunity.
- (of animal or plant species) not made more useful or attractive by selective breeding or cultivation.
- not enhanced; not increased: Our chance of success is unimproved.
Origin of unimproved
Examples from the Web for unimproved
Historical Examples of unimproved
The landscape in the vicinity was unimproved, but not rural.Urban Sketches
As the days passed he could see plainly that she was unimproved.Nancy McVeigh of the Monk Road
R. Henry Mainer
The Justices do not understand the taxation of unimproved land.The Agrarian Problem in the Sixteenth Century
Richard Henry Tawney
At 78 m. is the junction with an unimproved country dirt road.North Dakota
There are also 200 miles of unimproved roads known as “feeders.”The Church on the Changing Frontier
Helen O. Belknap
- not improved or made better
- (of land) not cleared, drained, cultivated, etc
- neglected; unusedunimproved resources