- a simple past tense and past participle of pay1.
Related Words for unpaidoutstanding, delinquent, overdue, due, gratuitous, honorary, volunteer, contributed, unindemnified, unrewarded, mature, owing, payable, unsettled, unliquidated
Examples from the Web for unpaid
Contemporary Examples of unpaid
I recently got asked by an administrator at the Library of Congress to do unpaid labor for its website.
(1) Only charities and non-profits should ask for unpaid workers to staff their operations or undertake time-consuming projects.
Burt is part of an informal, unpaid foreign policy team who regularly briefs Paul on international issues.Rand Paul Gives War a Chance
August 18, 2014
He was retired, but came in, unpaid, to make sure the boosters were attached right.Why Does the USA Depend on Russian Rockets to Get Us Into Space?
P. J. O’Rourke
June 22, 2014
Entering Bartilla we are closely questioned at a checkpoint by members of a self-defense force of 500 unpaid part-timers.The Tragic Exodus of Iraq’s Christians
June 22, 2014
Historical Examples of unpaid
Mazarin has dismissed me from his service unjustly and unpaid.The Suitors of Yvonne
She was, however, unpaid, so that she was rather a friendly guest than an employée.Danger! and Other Stories
Arthur Conan Doyle
All accounts of unpaid taxes were burned in front of the palace.From Pole to Pole
Sven Anders Hedin
The man retired, puzzled and unpaid, and Ukridge kept the clockwork toy.Love Among the Chickens
P. G. Wodehouse
A half-paid Poet is oftentimes the Occasion of an unpaid Taylor.Two Poems Against Pope
- (of a bill, debt, etc) not yet paid
- working without pay
- having wages outstanding
- the past tense and past participle of pay 1
- put paid to mainly British and NZ to end or destroybreaking his leg put paid to his hopes of running in the Olympics
see under pay.