- not regenerate; not renewed in heart and mind or reborn in spirit; unrepentant: an unregenerate sinner.
- refusing to believe in the existence of God: an unregenerate atheist; an unregenerate skeptic.
- unconvinced by or unconverted to a particular religion, sect, or movement; unreconstructed.
- persisting in the holding of prior convictions; opposing new ideas, causes, etc.; stubborn; obstinate: an unregenerate reactionary.
- not reformed; wicked; sinful; profligate; dissolute: an unregenerate way of life.
- an unregenerate person.
Origin of unregenerate
Related Words for unregenerateshameful, disgraceful, reprehensible, absolute, blatant, glaring, notorious, out-and-out, unmitigated, unregenerate, avaricious, barbarous, bloody, callous, cruel, fierce, forbidding, greedy, grim, hard
Examples from the Web for unregenerate
Contemporary Examples of unregenerate
Welcome to what Edelstein calls “unregenerate Shakespeare geekdom.”What Would Shakespeare Say?
April 13, 2009
Historical Examples of unregenerate
And he turned from me fully convinced, I believe, that I was an unregenerate rogue.The Book of Khalid
I knew his views; perhaps I had shared them in some measure in my unregenerate days.Man and Maid
Droop had yielded to his thirst and was again sleeping the sleep of the unregenerate.The Panchronicon
Harold Steele Mackaye
A corrupt, unregenerate heart, which is a hotbed and nursery of the devil.Sanctification
J. W. Byers
They were, in a word, the owner of elephants and the unregenerate Dick.Her Ladyship's Elephant
David Dwight Wells
- unrepentant; unreformed
- obstinately adhering to one's own views
- an unregenerate person