- not relenting; not yielding or swerving in determination or resolution, as of or from opinions, convictions, ambitions, ideals, etc.; inflexible: an unrelenting opponent of the Equal Rights Amendment.
- not easing or slackening in severity: an unrelenting rain.
- maintaining speed, effort, vigor, intensity, rate of advance, etc.: an unrelenting attack.
Origin of unrelenting
SynonymsSee more synonyms for unrelenting on Thesaurus.com
1. relentless, merciless, unmerciful, ruthless, pitiless, cruel, remorseless. 2. unremitting, implacable, inexorable.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for unrelenting
He not only gives out pain — he is in constant, unrelenting pain.The Story Behind Lee Marvin’s Liberty Valance Smile
January 3, 2015
And then there was the unrelenting verbal abuse of cops simply because they are cops.Protesters Slimed This Good Samaritan Cop
December 16, 2014
Similarly, so should the response: unrelenting, shouted from the highest and most respectable platforms and people.Female Journalist Gets Rape Threats Over Comic Book Criticism
April 21, 2014
This unrelenting scrutiny made it increasingly difficult for the athlete to practice, and ultimately hindered her performance.ESPN’s ‘The Price of Gold’ Revisits the Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan Scandal
January 15, 2014
Despite continuing censorship, Chinese media have come a long way from the days of unrelenting and mind-numbing propaganda.Lei Zhengfu Sex Tape: China Mesmerized by Once-Taboo Topics of Politics and Porn
November 28, 2012
If there be Gods, they are merciful; but thou art a savage and unrelenting monster.
The fierce and lawless shall assume the figure of the unrelenting wolf.
Wilkes' Spirit of the Times is unrelenting in its haughty independence.Diary from November 12, 1862, to October 18, 1863
Wetamoo immediately became the unrelenting foe of the English.King Philip
John S. C. (John Stevens Cabot) Abbott
Her thin lips parted, but the light in her eyes was unrelenting.The Golden Woman
- refusing to relent or take pity; relentless; merciless
- not diminishing in determination, speed, effort, force, etc
Word Origin and History for unrelenting
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper