- of or relating to workers who lack technical training or skill.
- not demanding special training or skill: unskilled occupations.
- exhibiting a marked lack of skill or competence: an unskilled painting; an unskilled writer.
- not skilled or expert: He was unskilled in the art of rhetoric.
Origin of unskilled
Related Words for unskilleduneducated, inexperienced, unschooled, incompetent, unqualified, awkward, green, inadequate, inept, inexpert, raw, unable, undeveloped, unequipped, unhandy, untalented
Examples from the Web for unskilled
Contemporary Examples of unskilled
But the urban workforce is not often a friendly place for young, unskilled and under-trained Chinese women.Inside China’s Mistress-Industrial Complex
Junheng Li, Bethany Allen, Ana Swanson
February 4, 2014
The only good explanation for Katya was to claim that her now former lawyers were unskilled.How the Pussy Riot Girls Trial Fell Apart
May 8, 2013
The US economy has changed in ways that make it more difficult for the unskilled to rise.Heritage Immigration Study Gets the Big Things Right
May 7, 2013
But he had shown at the nationals in Salt Lake City the previous year that he was only good, not great, tough but unskilled.The Boston Marathon Suspects Are Killers, Not Combatants
April 21, 2013
So while college graduates are having trouble getting college-style jobs, the unskilled workers are doing even worse.Why a BA is Now a Ticket to A Job in a Coffee Shop
March 27, 2013
Historical Examples of unskilled
As affection to those who are unskilled in all things, so is affection to those who despair of all things.Alice, or The Mysteries, Complete
It meant that though labor was relatively plentiful, much of it was unskilled.The Fabric of Civilization
And who have confidence when fighting on horseback—the skilled horseman or the unskilled?Protagoras
The range of occupations in unskilled work, however, was fairly wide.
It seems clear that most of the migrants were engaged in unskilled labor.
- not having or requiring any special skill or trainingunskilled workers; an unskilled job
- having or displaying no skill; inexperthe is quite unskilled at dancing