[verb uhp-spring, noun uhp-spring]
- to spring up.
- to come into being or existence; arise: Prosperity began to upspring after the war.
- growth or development.
- a coming into existence; origin.
Origin of upspring
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for upspringarise, come, derive, develop, emanate, flow, head, issue, originate, proceed, rise, spring
- (intr) to spring up or come into existence
- a leap forwards or upwards
- the act of coming into existence
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012