- of or relating to the Ural Mountains, on the border between the Russian Federation in Europe and Siberia, and the Altai Mountains, in S Siberia and NW Mongolia, or the country or peoples around them.
- of or relating to Ural-Altaic.
- speaking a Ural-Altaic language.
Examples from the Web for ural-altaic
Historical Examples of ural-altaic
We may at least suspect that the Slavic vowel is not historically unconnected with its Ural-Altaic parallels.Language
Turkish is the westernmost representative of a great group of languages, best known, perhaps, as the Ural-Altaic family.
They belong to the Finnish family, and consequently to the Ural-Altaic division of the human race.
- a postulated group of related languages consisting of the Uralic and Altaic families of languages
- of or relating to this group of languages, characterized by agglutination and vowel harmony