- the syllable once generally used for the first tone or keynote of a scale and sometimes for the tone C: now commonly superseded by do.
Origin of ut
- Also u.t. universal time.
- Utah (approved especially for use with zip code).
- under trust.
Examples from the Web for ut
Contemporary Examples of ut
Cras tincidunt mi nec lorem venenatis, ut pharetra purus tristique.Test Article
October 31, 2014
The big twist is that by requesting those documents, Hall did in fact uncover a nepotism problem plaguing UT admissions.
All students and faculty in the UT community should support the cause of fairness in admissions.
Insufficient transparency in the UT admissions process is a serious concern that goes beyond politics.
This memo alone merits a trip to the UT campus for the Ransom exhibition—which is free, by the way, and runs through Jan. 4.How 'Gone With the Wind' Got Made
September 10, 2014
Historical Examples of ut
An' ut comes,' sez he, lookin' at me, 'ut comes from bein' called Love-o'-Women.'
All this was long an' long ago, but ut hild me straight—for a while.
I never seed a scud on the 'Banks' but 'ut it was allus follered by a fog.Left on Labrador
Charles Asbury Stephens
We crossed a beautiful valley between the Rivers Seybi and Ut.Beasts, Men and Gods
I quote this account of the glass at Eton from Dr James, ut supra, p. 214.The Care of Books
John Willis Clark
- the syllable used in the fixed system of solmization for the note C
- the first note of a hexachord in medieval music
Word Origin for ut
- universal time