[vuh-len-shee-uh, -shuh, -see-uh; Spanish bah-len-syah or for 2, 3, -thyah]
- Guil·ler·mo Le·ón [gee-yer-maw le-awn] /giˈyɛr mɔ lɛˈɔn/, 1909–71, Colombian diplomat and statesman: president 1962–66.
- a province in E Spain: the region was formerly a Moorish kingdom. 9085 sq. mi. (23,530 sq. km).
- a seaport in E Spain.
- a city in N Venezuela.
- a variety of the sweet orange, Citrus sinensis, originally from the Mediterranean area and cultivated extensively in Florida and California.
- Also Va·len·ti·a [vuh-len-shee-uh, -shuh] /vəˈlɛn ʃi ə, -ʃə/. a female given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for valencia
She eventually received a BFA at the California Institute of the Arts, Valencia in 1981.Beyond Black and White: Photographer Carrie Mae Weems Tackles Racial and Gender Stereotypes
January 30, 2014
The government of Valencia - which runs the health system - owes a grand total of half a billion euros to the region's pharmacies.
Has government intervention in Valencia helped more people than the current interruption is hurting?
The 24-year-old Ramos was kidnapped Wednesday by gunmen in a dangerous section of Valencia, where he was visiting his mother.
Valencia is small industrial city about two hours west of Caracas.
From Valencia raids seem to have been made on other parts of Spain.
Valencia is being vulgarized for the benefit of the universe.
Valencia stared a moment; then went off into a burst of laughter.The Historical Nights' Entertainment
Evidently only a stranger would ask if his Valencia could be brave!
He held it out, and Valencia, who was nearest, caught sight of it.
- a port in E Spain, capital of Valencia province, on the Mediterranean: the third largest city in Spain; capital of the Moorish kingdom of Valencia (1021–1238); university (1501). Pop: 780 653 (2003 est)Latin name: Valentia (vəˈlɛntɪə)
- a region and former kingdom of E Spain, on the Mediterranean
- a city in N Venezuela: one of the two main industrial centres in Venezuela. Pop: 2 330 000 (2005 est)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.