- the occupation of a waitress.
Origin of waitressing
- a woman who waits on tables, as in a restaurant.
- to work or serve as a waitress: She waitressed in a restaurant to help pay her way through college.
Origin of waitress
Examples from the Web for waitressing
Contemporary Examples of waitressing
"It is hot and it is ready," says Bernice Michaud, who has been waitressing at Dolly's for over a quarter century.On the Canadian Border, It's Pancakes for Every Meal
Jane & Michael Stern
July 6, 2014
Why is Maci waitressing and Amber kvetching about paying the bills?Teen Mom Cover Girls
Joyce C. Tang
October 19, 2010
Typically, girls and women are lured into captivity by promises of jobs in child care, waitressing, fashion, or entertainment.Hollywood's Sex-Slave Crusade
November 11, 2009
- a woman who serves at table, as in a restaurant
- (intr) to act as a waitress