- a person who carries water, as to a body of troops.
- a pipe, duct, or tank for conveying water.
- a ship that transports goods or persons by waterway or sea routes.
Origin of water carrier
Examples from the Web for water carrier
Historical Examples of water carrier
After this he announced his intention of becoming a water-carrier.Lotus Buds
What would the princess care, if he were a water-carrier's son?The Story of Don Quixote
Arvid Paulson, Clayton Edwards, and Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Water not to be had at any price, nor a water-carrier to be seen.Journal of a Residence at Bagdad
The river bore me along; to Akki, the water-carrier, it brought me.
Akki, the water-carrier, in the tenderness of his heart lifted me up.
- informal a football player who is regarded as hard-working and competent but is not a star player
- the Water Carrier the constellation Aquarius, the 11th sign of the zodiac