- the power of water used, or capable of being used, to drive machinery, turbines, etc.
- a waterfall or descent in a watercourse capable of being so used.
- a water right possessed by a mill.
Origin of water power
Examples from the Web for water power
Historical Examples of water power
Water-power was used, and the work of manufacture began at once.Freeland
There were plans for working the waggons along the line by water-power.
I will take a trip to the Falls first; I 'd like to show you that water-power.One Of Them
Charles James Lever
Dams should be built to take advantage of every opportunity for water-power.
Gas and oil will also be saved by the greater use of water-power.
- the power latent in a dynamic or static head of water as used to drive machinery, esp for generating electricity
- a source of such power, such as a drop in the level of a river, etc
- the right to the use of water for such a purpose, as possessed by a water mill