- Also called: pure watercolourwater-soluble pigment, applied in transparent washes and without the admixture of white pigment in the lighter tones
- any water-soluble pigment, including opaque kinds such as gouache and tempera
- a painting done in watercolours
- (as modifier)a watercolour masterpiece
- the art or technique of painting with such pigments
Examples from the Web for watercolour
Historical Examples of watercolour
For these you will need pen and ink and a box of watercolour paints.
Cut from watercolour paper two pieces in the shape shown in Fig. 92.
The watercolour drawings for his Walter Scott plates, again, are admirable.The Life Of George Cruikshank, Vol. II. (of II)
Alfred Fripp, the watercolour painter, and Fred Goodall became members about the same time.
Watercolour, she felt, seemed somehow nearer the Commandments than oils.The Pastor's Wife
Elizabeth von Arnim