adjective, weak·er, weak·est.
SYNONYMS FOR weak
THIS PSAT VOCABULARY QUIZ IS PERFECT PRACTICE FOR THE REAL TEST
Origin of weak
synonym study for weak
OTHER WORDS FROM weako·ver·weak, adjectiveo·ver·weak·ly, adverbo·ver·weak·ness, noun
Example sentences from the Web for weak
I begged the doctors to save my children [as] I watched them grow weaker and weaker every day.‘Her Survival Was a Miracle’: The 6-Year-Old Who Beat Ebola|Wade C.L. Williams|October 23, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Palmer takes some "bearing with," and, like us all, has his weaker side.
Brother Patrick became weaker and weaker and others stop coming around as they pondered over their own status.
The older tribal power networks are weaker in a big city like Mosul.
But the soldiers and police there were weaker than their numbers suggested.The Paper Tiger of the Tigris: How ISIS Took Tikrit Without a Fight|Andrew Slater|June 29, 2014|DAILY BEAST
In this market, the wants of the weaker units, are just as important, as are those of the stronger.Solaris Farm|Milan C. Edson
Of course, this could be wrong and there may be weaker channels we don't suspect.The Flaming Mountain|Harold Leland Goodwin
And so there is a new or a newly apparent aggression upon the weaker race.The Negro and the Nation|George S. Merriam
It was too evident, however, that his efforts were growing weaker and weaker.Digby Heathcote|W.H.G. Kingston
And the more I thought about it, the weaker grew my confidence in the course I had pursued.On the Lightship|Herman Knickerbocker Viel
British Dictionary definitions for weak
- not functioning as well as normalweak eyes
- easily upseta weak stomach
- denoting or belonging to a class of verbs, in certain languages including the Germanic languages, whose conjugation relies on inflectional endings rather than internal vowel gradation, as look, looks, looking, looked
- belonging to any part-of-speech class, in any of various languages, whose inflections follow the more regular of two possible patternsCompare strong (def. 13)
Derived forms of weakweakish, adjectiveweakishly, adverbweakishness, noun
Word Origin for weak
Idioms and Phrases with weak
In addition to the idioms beginning with weak
- weak as a kitten
- weak link
- weak moment, in a
- spirit is willing but the flesh is weak