- united, joined, or linked.
- having a connection.
- joined together in sequence; linked coherently: connected ideas.
- related by family ties.
- having social or professional relationships, especially with influential or powerful persons.
- Mathematics. pertaining to a set for which no cover exists, consisting of two open sets whose intersections with the given set are disjoint and nonempty.
Origin of connected
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for well-connected
He is as well-connected with rock stars as he is with royalty.William, Kate, and Jay Z’s Favorite Art Star: Alexander Gilkes' World of Rock Stars and Royalty
December 10, 2014
So Bandar enjoyed none of the prestige or the clout that well-connected mothers bring to their sons in the Kingdom.Prince Bandar bin Sultan, Saudi Arabia’s Gatsby, Master Spy
November 16, 2013
They had their own interests in this well-connected Lebanese spy.Arafat’s Polonium Poisoning Mystery Resurfaces
November 7, 2013
But because these tax cuts have powerful, well-connected constituencies, it has been difficult to slay them.Fiscal Cliff Hostage Situation Day 14: The Thelma & Louise Caucus
November 21, 2012
There was no agreement on either question, according to a well-connected former editor of a state media outlet.China: Xi Jinping Was Under Pressure Before Disappearance
September 15, 2012
"That must be because you know she is well-connected, mother," Alex replied.The Pleasant Street Partnership
Mary F. Leonard
The girl is rich, well-connected, and all that sort of thing.A Mysterious Disappearance
The upper ends were well-connected with the galvanometer wires.Experimental Researches in Electricity, Volume 1
Assuredly a well-connected steady person would be of the greatest consequence to us.Memoirs of the Life of Sir Walter Scott, Volume V (of 10)
John Gibson Lockhart
He had not seen him—indeed, very few people had, but by all accounts he was a very nice man, and well-connected in the City.The Daffodil Mystery
- having influential or important relatives or friends
- joined or linked together
- (of speech) coherent and intelligible
- logic maths (of a relation) such that either it or its converse holds between any two members of its domain