- a stripe of white paint, tiles, or the like, that marks the center or outer edge of a road.
- a white layer in a horse's hoof.
- any blank or white part, line, stripe, or margin.
Origin of white line
First recorded in 1590–1600
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for white line
- a line or strip of white in the centre of a road to separate traffic going in different directions
- a white lamination in the hoof of a horse
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.