- an establishment where wire is made or put to some industrial use.
Origin of wireworks
1590–1600; wire + works
- fabrics or articles made of wire.
Origin of wirework
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (functioning as singular or plural) a factory where wire or articles of wire are made
- functional or decorative work made of wire
- objects made of wire, esp netting
- a special effects technique in film or theatre in which actors are suspended from moving wires so that they appear to flythe spectacular wirework of Chinese cinema