- the amount of capital needed to carry on a business.
- Accounting. current assets minus current liabilities.
- liquid capital assets as distinguished from fixed capital assets.
Origin of working capital
First recorded in 1900–05
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- accounting current assets minus current liabilities
- current or liquid assets
- that part of the capital of a business enterprise available for operations
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012