- the 23rd letter of the English alphabet, a semivowel.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter W or w, as in way, bewitch, or row.
- something having the shape of a W.
- a written or printed representation of the letter W or w.
- a device, as a printer's type, for reproducing the letter W or w.
- West Saxon.
Examples from the Web for ws
Historical Examples of ws
(ws) onboren bega hord, the treasure of the rings had been carried off, 2285.Beowulf
Probably the man at WS has opened his key while getting a blank or a pen.The Young Railroaders
Francis Lovell Coombs
Mara ws a cuma r, swa swa t godspel s seg; and for s folces geryle ws t gesthus earle genyrwed.
He is ordfruma and ende: he is ordfruma, fori e he ws fre; he is ende butan lcere geendunge, foran e he bi fre ungeendod.
Se Godes Sunu ws on his gesthuse genyrwed, t he us rume wununge on heofonan rice forgife, gif we his willan gehyrsumia.
- Western Samoa
- Abbreviation of width
- The symbol for tungsten.
- Abbreviation of watt