- abnormal dryness, as of the eye or skin.
- normal sclerosis of the tissue in an aged person.
Origin of xerosis
1885–90; xer- + -osis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- pathol abnormal dryness of bodily tissues, esp the skin, eyes, or mucous membranes
Word Origin and History for xerotic
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Affected with or characterized by xerosis.
- Abnormal dryness, especially of the skin, eyes, or mucous membranes.
- The normal hardening of aging tissue.