- the 14th letter of the Greek alphabet (Ξ, ξ).
- the group of consonant sounds represented by this letter.
Examples from the Web for xi
Contemporary Examples of xi
At the summit, Xi had been front and center, seemingly without peer.
Today was the only time all week that Xi shared a platform with another world leader in Beijing on an equal footing.
Unlike Obama in the United States, Xi actually has the power to make that happen in China, if that is really what he wants to do.
By contrast, if body language is any indication, Obama and Xi were getting along rather well.
Yet, after months of backdoor negotiations there was Xi, stone-facedly shaking hands with a smirking Abe.
Historical Examples of xi
João tried, not without success, to play the part of Louis xi.Portuguese Architecture
Walter Crum Watson
Written in great haste, at the Park of Brinkiffe, the xi day of June.Henry of Monmouth, Volume 1
J. Endell Tyler
For the Isis ceremony cf. Apuleius, Metamorphoses, xi, 24 f.Introduction to the History of Religions
Crawford Howell Toy
When He came and went to the cross, “He died for that nation” (John xi:42).The Work Of Christ
A. C. Gaebelein
Hardly had this personage given the king some explanations, when Louis XI.Notre-Dame de Paris
- the 14th letter in the Greek alphabet (Ξ, ξ), a composite consonant, transliterated as x
Hsi or Si
- a river in S China, rising in Yunnan province and flowing east to the Canton delta on the South China Sea: the main river system of S China. Length: about 1900 km (1200 miles)
fourteenth letter of the Greek alphabet.
- The 14th letter of the Greek alphabet.