BACK TO African mahogany
African mahogany vs. sapele
- a large tree, Khaya ivorensis, of western Africa, having hard wood resembling true mahogany, widely used in cabinetmaking and boatbuilding.
- any of several related or similar African hardwood trees.
- the wood of any of these trees.
[ suh-pee-lee ]
- the mahoganylike wood of any of several African trees of the genus Entandrophragma, used for making furniture.
- a tree, especially Entandrophragma cylindricum, of the mahogany family, yielding this wood.