BACK TO anxious
anxious vs. anxiety
[ angk-shuhs, ang- ]
- full of mental distress or uneasiness because of fear of danger or misfortune; greatly worried; apprehensive: Her parents were anxious about her poor health.
- earnestly desirous; eager (usually followed by an infinitive or for): anxious to please;anxious for our happiness.
- attended with or showing solicitude or uneasiness: anxious forebodings.
[ ang-zahy-i-tee ]
- distress or uneasiness of mind caused by fear of danger or misfortune: He felt anxiety about the possible loss of his job.
- earnest but tense desire; eagerness: He had a keen anxiety to succeed in his work.
- a state of apprehension and psychic tension occurring in some forms of mental disorder.