BACK TO autocracy
autocracy vs. dictatorship
[ aw-tok-ruh-see ]
- government in which one person has uncontrolled or unlimited authority over others; the government or power of an absolute monarch.
- a nation, state, or community ruled by an autocrat.
- unlimited authority, power, or influence of one person in any group.
[ dik-tey-ter-ship, dik-tey- ]
- a country, government, or the form of government in which absolute power is exercised by a dictator.
- absolute, imperious, or overbearing power or control.
- the office or position held by a dictator.