BACK TO egomaniac
egomaniac vs. narcissist
[ ee-goh-mey-nee-ak, eg-oh- ]
- someone who displays egomania, a tendency to refer to oneself excessively and boastfully:Academic research appears to be a rat race of high-strung egomaniacs fighting over grant money, recognition, and their scientific legacies.
- someone who displays excessive selfishness and self-centeredness:Many have claimed that social media will turn us all into narcissists, egomaniacs, and internet addicts.
[ nahr-suh-sist ]
- a person who is overly self-involved, and often vain and selfish.
- a person who has narcissistic personality disorder.
- a person who experiences or exhibits narcissism, deriving erotic gratification from admiration of their own physical or mental attributes.