BACK TO fascism
fascism vs. dictatorship
[ fash-iz-uhm ]
- a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
- the philosophy, principles, or methods of fascism.
- a political movement that employs the principles and methods of fascism, especially the one established by Mussolini in Italy 1922–43.
[ dik-tey-ter-ship, dik-tey- ]
- a country, government, or the form of government in which absolute power is exercised by a dictator.
- absolute, imperious, or overbearing power or control.
- the office or position held by a dictator.