BACK TO physiology
physiology vs. biology
[ fiz-ee-ol-uh-jee ]
- the branch of biology dealing with the functions and activities of living organisms and their parts, including all physical and chemical processes.
- the organic processes or functions in an organism or in any of its parts.
[ bahy-ol-uh-jee ]
- the science of life or living matter in all its forms and phenomena, especially with reference to origin, growth, reproduction, structure, and behavior.
- the living organisms of a region: the biology of Pennsylvania.
- the biological phenomena characteristic of an organism or a group of organisms: She is studying the biology of worms, especially in regard to their reproductive behavior.