- excision of a cyst or bladder, usually the urinary bladder.
Origin of cystectomy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- surgical removal of the gall bladder or of part of the urinary bladder
- surgical removal of any abnormal cyst
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Surgical removal of a cyst.
- Surgical removal of all or a part of the gallbladder.
- Surgical removal of all or part of the urinary bladder.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.