- resembling a cyst.
- a cystlike structure or formation.
Origin of cystoid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for cystoid
(ii) To close the wound made by the excision of a cystoid scar.
In the latter instance it is very liable to carry iris into the wound, and a cystoid cicatrix results.
The cystoid reaches its climax, but there appear now two higher types of echinoderms,—the crinoid and the starfish.The Elements of Geology
William Harmon Norton
- resembling a cyst or bladder
- a tissue mass, such as a tumour, that resembles a cyst but lacks an outer membrane
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Formed like or resembling a cyst.
- A structure resembling a cyst but having no capsule.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.