- (of gasoline) containing no tetraethyllead; lead-free.
- Printing. not separated or spaced with leads, as lines of type or printed matter.
- an unleaded product, especially gasoline that contains no tetraethyllead.
Origin of unleaded
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (of petrol) containing a reduced amount of tetraethyl lead, in order to reduce environmental pollution
- not covered or weighted with lead
- printing (of lines of type, etc) not spaced or separated with leads; solid
- petrol containing a reduced amount of tetraethyl lead
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for unleaded
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper