Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a state of N Brazil, on the Atlantic: mostly dense tropical rainforest Capital: Belém. Pop: 6 453 683 (2002). Area: 1 248 042 sq km (474 896 sq miles)
- another name for Belém
- an estuary in N Brazil into which flow the Tocantins River and a branch of the Amazon. Length: about 320 km (200 miles)
- a monetary unit of Serbia worth one hundredth of a dinar; formerly a monetary unit of Yugoslavia
C17: Serbo-Croat, via Turkish from Persian pārah piece, portion
- a soldier in an airborne unit
- an airborne unit
- a paragraph
- a New Zealand fern, Marattia salicina, with long heavy frondsAlso called: horseshoe fern, king fern
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- A woman who has given birth to an infant or infants.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.