- a coarse, felted fabric woven of camel's or goat's hair.
- a loose, sleeveless outer garment made of this fabric or of silk, worn by Arabs.
Origin of aba
- a town in SE Nigeria.
- Amateur Boxing Association.
- American Badminton Association.
- American Bankers Association.
- American Bar Association.
- American Basketball Association.
- American Book Award.
- American Booksellers Association.
- Associate in Business Administration.
Examples from the Web for aba
Contemporary Examples of aba
In the 1990s, the same ABA filed suit against Barnes & Noble and Borders for similar practices.Amazon Is NOT the Vladimir Putin of the Publishing World
June 5, 2014
The ABA declined to comment on its PAC giving for this story.
But if Keating is frustrated with Congress, in some ways he is just getting the government the ABA has paid for.
The ABA noted that the Purdue research was technically published as an opinion piece, not a scientific study.There Are Dangers in Drinking Diet Soda
July 13, 2013
But this is a basketball tournament—and Costas has called a lot of games in the NBA and ABA.Celebrity March Madness 2012: How to Pick NCAA Tournament Winners
March 20, 2012
Historical Examples of aba
Aba, king of Hungary, defeated by his own subjects and killed in battle.The Every Day Book of History and Chronology
The rime scheme of all the tercets is aba, of the conclusion abaa.English Verse
Raymond MacDonald Alden, Ph.D.
A Theban noble of this period named Aba was buried at Thebes.History Of Egypt, Chalda, Syria, Babylonia, And Assyria In The Light Of Recent Discovery
L.W. King and H.R. Hall
Cosasi m'huga cugai kiti ti dama catum' ami gusuda huco bupo gusudana ia duburh' aba.The Works of Hubert Howe Bancroft, Volume 3
Hubert Howe Bancroft
This story was followed by another, of a young devil that became a religious of the famous monastery of Aba Gatima.A Voyage to Abyssinia
- a type of cloth from Syria, made of goat hair or camel hair
- a sleeveless outer garment of such cloth
Word Origin for aba
- (in Britain) Amateur Boxing Association
- American Booksellers Association