- a person who is learning the letters of the alphabet.
- a beginner in any field of learning.
- of or relating to the alphabet.
- arranged in alphabetical order.
- rudimentary; elementary; primary.
Origin of abecedarian
Examples from the Web for abecedarian
Contemporary Examples of abecedarian
Perry had 123 kids from 104 families; the number in Abecedarian was even smaller.
The original figures for the cost of Perry and Abecedarian were overstated by a factor of two.
And that's pocket change compared to Abecedarian, which cost an amazing $90,000 per student in today's dollars.
That made it easier for Perry and Abecedarian to put together a skilled, committed team.
Historical Examples of abecedarian
- a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- alphabetically arranged