- an acarine, especially a mite of the family Acaridae.
- of or relating to an acarid.
Origin of acarid
Related Words for acaridspeck, insect, bug, particle, parasite, mote, minim, molecule, atom, bit, tick, smidgen, iota, minute, acarid, nit
Examples from the Web for acarid
Historical Examples of acarid
Many insects are always covered with certain species of acarid.
As regards the scab, itch, and mange insects or mites (Acarid), three perfectly distinct forms are known.Parasites
T. Spencer Cobbold
They have always perplexed entomologists, who seem to consider them as parasites allied to acarid and lice.
Leroy de Mricourt found in pus, which was running from the ear of a sailor, acarid which Mons.
- any of the small arachnids of the order Acarina (or Acari), which includes the ticks and mites
- of or relating to the order Acarina
Word Origin for acarid
- An arachnid of the order Acarina, which includes the mites and ticks.
- An arachnid of the order Acarina, which includes the mites and ticks. Acarids are small to minute, have no division between the cephalothorax and abdomen, and are often parasitic.