- the atmosphere and the space beyond considered as a whole.
- the industry concerned with the design and manufacture of aircraft, rockets, missiles, spacecraft, etc., that operate in aerospace.
- of or relating to aerospace or the aerospace industry.
Origin of aerospace
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the atmosphere and space beyond
- (modifier) of or relating to rockets, missiles, space vehicles, etc, that fly or operate in aerospacethe aerospace industry
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Relating to the Earth's atmosphere and the space beyond.
- Relating to the science and technology of flight and space travel.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.