- (often initial capital letter) a person living in a certain historical age: a Gilded Ager; Stone Agers.
- (often initial capital letter) a person who embraces a certain cultural movement: New Agers.
- a person in a certain period or stage of human life.See also golden ager.
- a thing that ages something: Sunlight is a skin ager.
- a worker who inspects electric lamps.
- an apparatus filled with steam through which dyed cloth is passed in order to fix the dye.
- a worker who stabilizes the electrical properties of a device by passing a current through it.
Examples from the Web for ager
Historical Examples of ager
It takes him all the time to shake, and it takes all his money to buy his ager medicine.Shadows of Shasta
He himself had been troubled with the dumb "ager" since last conference.A History of American Literature Since 1870
Fred Lewis Pattee
He himself had been troubled with a dumb "ager" since last conference.The Luck of Roaring Camp and Other Tales
"The ager got hold of me yesterday and shook me right smart," he said.The Boys of '61
Charles Carleton Coffin.
But it was no longer the ager publicus only; it was all Italy that lay at the mercy of the legions.What is Property?
P. J. Proudhon