- agitation and propaganda, especially for the cause of communism.
- (often initial capital letter) an agency or department, as of a government, that directs and coordinates agitation and propaganda.
- Also ag·it·prop·ist. a person who is trained or takes part in such activities.
- of or relating to agitprop.
Origin of agitprop
Related Words for agitprophype, indoctrination, publicity, disinformation, hogwash, announcement, publication, promulgation, brainwashing, handout, advertising, doctrine, promotion, evangelism, inculcation, implantation, agitprop, newspeak, proselytism
Examples from the Web for agitprop
Contemporary Examples of agitprop
Having reviewed anti-Israeli agitprop masquerading as theater, I was prepared to join critics in hating The Death of Klinghoffer.See the Met’s ‘Klinghoffer,’ Then Judge It
November 4, 2014
Historical Examples of agitprop
Agitprop, in turn, is responsible for the transmission of guidelines down to the lowest levels of party organization.Area Handbook for Bulgaria
Eugene K. Keefe, Violeta D. Baluyut, William Giloane, Anne K. Long, James M. Moore, and Neda A. Walpole
- (often capital) (formerly) a bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, in charge of agitation and propaganda on behalf of Communism
- any promotion, as in the arts, of political propaganda, esp of a Communist nature
- (as modifier)agitprop theatre