- a province in W Canada. 255,285 sq. mi. (661,190 sq. km). Capital: Edmonton. Abbreviation: Alba., Alta.
- a female given name, form of Albertine.
Examples from the Web for albertan
Historical Examples of albertan
More connections between it and the Albertan railways were required; and he was in Canada looking round and negotiating.Lady Merton, Colonist
Mrs. Humphry Ward
- of or relating to Alberta or its inhabitants
- a native or inhabitant of Alberta
- a province of W Canada: mostly prairie, with the Rocky Mountains in the southwest Capital: Edmonton. Pop: 3 201 895 (2004 est). Area: 661 188 sq km (255 285 sq miles)Abbreviation: Alta, AB
Canadian province, founded in 1882 and named for Princess Louise Caroline Alberta (1848-1939), fourth daughter of Queen Victoria, wife of the governor general, John Douglas Sutherland Campbell, Marquess of Lorne. She was named for her father, Prince Albert.